Managing Director i~HD
Geert Thienpont studied ICT at the Industrial State University B.M.E. GENT. Since 1992, Geert has been involved in over 30 national and international eHealth R&D projects. His daily activities, as project manager, include
- the coordination of the development of web applications (e.g. test-based eLearning, EuroRec Use Tools on certification Process, online tools supporting research)
- being responsible for the budget control and financial reporting of research and commercial projects
- the involvement in the Belgian EHR Certification process
- the organization of scientific workshops & conferences and
- supporting national and European scientific associations such as the Microsoft Healthcare User Group Europe (MS-HUGe), MedNet and ProRec-Belgium.
Currently, he is President and director of RAMIT (Research in Advanced Medical Informatics and Telematics (vzw-asbl); President of WHiTe3 (World of Health ICT: Education, Events and Exhibitions); Vice President and EU-Project manager of EuroRec and founding member of i~HD (The European Institute for Innovation through Health Data)