On 9 May 2022, The European Institute for Innovation through Health Data (i~HD) is tasked to give its reactions to proposals on the European health data space (EHDS) currently being set up by the European Commission. This is through TEHDAS (Towards European Health Data Space), a European project supporting the European Commission in this endeavour, coordinated by the Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra.
Prof. Dipak Kalra (President, i~HD)will deliver his initial reactions on the EHDS proposal. Aside from i~HD, these organisations are asked to share their thoughts:
- Biomedical Alliance in Europe
- European Cancer Organisation
- EURORDIS – Rare Diseases Europe
- MedTech Europe
- Standing Committee of European Doctors
The European Commission is scheduled to publish the legislative proposal on the EHDS on 3 May 2022.
I~HD’s role in this event is a testament to the organisation’s commitment to stay involved in the formation of a vital framework such as the EHDS. Recently, i~HD has published the reports for the multi-stakeholders roundtable discussions which served as consultations on the EHDS.
TEHDAS will be held in the afternoon of 9 May 2022.
Related news items:
- i~HD Position Statement on the European Cybersecurity Scheme for Cloud Services
- i~HD holds successful 2023 Annual Conference with hundreds of onsite and online attendees
- Digital Health and Data Week
- i~HD to present at 2023 UN General Assembly’s Science Summit
- i~HD contributes in cloud tech and health data report